By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire threatens courthouse
Fire Jim


Local Attorney Jim Judkins rushed into action and helped put out a fire that was burning in a recycling bin at the courthouse today (Tuesday). Authorities suspect the fire started after someone threw a cigarette in the bin, located just inside the door to the first floor. The courthouse was evacuated due to heavy smoke throughout the building. No one was harmed during the incident.